Do you want to help create an amazing lindy exchange? Are you able to offer your time and skills to the event? Are you strapped for cash but still want to attend?
If any of these are true, then volunteering is for you!
How does it work?
You need to register first and buy your ticket.*
The earlier you apply to volunteer and register, the greater chance you will get a slot (with consideration to need and qualification). Slots will fill up, so please apply early!
We will have different roles compensated different amounts. Why do we do this? Different jobs require different amounts of effort and time. Therefore, we want to make sure that everyone is fairly compensated for the wonderful contribution they bring to Music City Exchange.
- $10 for each hour worked
- These roles include:
- Venue Coordinator - Afternoon Dance
- Floor monitor
- Late night food
- Full reimbursement of weekend pass for 5 hours
- These roles include:
- Venue Coordinator - Evening Dance
- Venue Coordinator - Late Night Dance
***If there are not enough slots to fill up your hours to reimburse the cost of your pass, then you will be compensated the number of hours you work.***
How do I apply?
- We’re glad you asked!
- 1. Buy your ticket. If you are unable to afford the ticket amount, please email email@example.com
- 2. Fill out the volunteer questionnaire which will be emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Check your spam box if you don’t see the email.)
How do I know if I am a volunteer?
- You will receive an answer within 2 weeks of filling out the questionnaire.
If you are ACCEPTED as a volunteer:
- You will be sent an email with a link to the draft schedule at least two weeks before the event. Review the schedule to make sure there are no conflicts. If there are any contact the volunteer coordinator and try and reschedule.
- There maybe a few other drafts sent between then and the start of the event.
- The final draft will be sent the week before the event.
Volunteer Policies & Expectations:
- Once accepted, we will send a link to the draft schedule at least two weeks before the event. Review the schedule to make sure there are no conflicts. If there are any contact the volunteer coordinator and try and reschedule. More drafts may be sent and the final schedule will be sent as noted above.
- If we are unable to give you enough time slots to cover the cost of your pass, we will try and assign you more, if some become available.
- Slots assigned to people that can afford the entire event maybe reassigned to those that “Can't afford it unless I can volunteer” and “Getting some help would be good”. This way we make it sure as many people as possible can attend the event.
- If all volunteer positions are full at the time of your application, but we would love to have you volunteer, you will be put on our “First To Be Notified” list. We will let you know if you have been put on this list. If people drop out, we will send out an email to this list that a spot has opened up and you may contact us if you still would like to fill in slot(s).
- We want to ensure everyone is included and able to contribute. Please advise us of anything that might affect your ability to perform certain duties in the comments section of the volunteer application.
- Reimbursement Policy: This reimbursement policy will apply to all passes. It does NOT apply to add-ons including merchandise, competitions, or pre/post-dances. You will NOT be reimbursed more than your ticket price. A check will be given to you or mailed to you at the conclusion of the event.
Late and No-Show Policy:
- If you are confirmed for a volunteer slot we expect you to be there. If you are unable to make the event, please email us at email@example.com by March 1st, 2017. If you do not let us know and do not show up, you will not be allowed to volunteer at future Music City Exchanges.
- You help this event run! If you do not show up for a volunteer slot, we will expect you to make up that time by checking in with the your manager, and the Volunteer Coordinator to find a time you could make up your missed time. If there is not an opportunity to make up your missed shift, you will not be reimbursed for that time period.
- You are expected to contact your Manager if you are going to be late. Call as early as you can to give your Manager time to plan around your absence.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to an assigned shift, you will be considered a no show for that hour and we will expect you to make that time up. If you cannot make up the hour, you will be reimbursed for the number of whole hours you work at a prorated amount. You will not be considered late or a no show for any subsequent hours if you show up and complete them. For example, if your shift is from 3:00PM-7:00PM and you arrive at 3:18PM, you will be marked as present from 4:00PM-7:00PM and be expected to make up one hour. Please arrive early for your shift. Music City Exchange is not as great without you there!
* We want our event to be accessible to everyone and we recognize that some people are not able to afford the money upfront. If pre-purchasing your ticket and getting reimbursed later is a hardship for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org right now and we will work with you. *